It’s been a good few weeks on the cocktail cab project. As always, managing an hour here, 30 minutes there to keep moving it all along. I have spent time painting the monitor frame and table top panel over the last few weeks – a slow process when you can only get 1 coat in per day.
Firstly, there was a set back with the monitor. Originally I wanted to use a CRT PC monitor, but sizing issues and reliability issues meant I decided to switch to a 15″ LCD monitor. It also lightens the cab by a few KG’s which will be good when it comes time to ship it off
The first thing that went on since the last update was the coin door, along with it the coin mech, coin catcher and coin counter. Just to the left of the door (inside) sits the service and test switches. These have all been wired up and tested.
The power board and switcher were also installed.
The speaker went in and was wired up, along with the game board and JAMMA harness. I spent time also tiding up the cabling.
The player 1 control panel has also been installed and wired up.
To make sure the wiring was working, I hooked up the monitor tonight also and gave it a test run – everything is working fine.
Still more to do, but the end is near. Next I will get the 2P control panel attached (it’s ready to go, just need to screw it into place). T molding to be added to the sides of the control panels. The table top panel has been painted with tmolding added (will add a photo next time) and really just requires the glass. There is some paint I want to touch up also, along with adding feet to the legs and some very very minor cable tidying.
I plan to get a few pieces of DK artwork printed for the table top panel also, but more on that another time.